Sunday, April 25, 2010

A day of aspirations


Have you seen the documentary on Walmart, 'The high price of low cost?' I found it so disturbing and disheartening. If you haven't seen it you really need to! it's because people are so oblivious to what is going on around them that our society is in such a mess. Anyway what I have taken from the documentary is a stronger desire to buy local and support local business. Also I feel extremely inspired to start making clothes again and really try to break into the fashion industry. It is my dream to run my own clothing design business with high ethical standards.People need to question why what they are buying is cheap and realise that they have a responsibility to research what and where they are buying from.

O.K so now I am off my soap box... I have had a great day in the sunshine and at my sewing machine, the exciting news is that I now have 4 items ready for the frenchy and sophie store, so it should be open some time mid week!! above is a picture of one of my creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment