Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A little gem of inspiration




I found this photo online yesterday. Although the subjects of the photo are dirty rags I find something extremely beautiful in it. I find the image peaceful and still, the colors are muted and although the rags and wall are dirty there is a sense of purity and calm. I find this image very inspirational. The image has a story... what have these rags been used for? Where is this room? Was this once a beautiful place? Why has it been abandoned? Are the rags items of clothing? If so where are their owners? What have these rags witnessed in their lifetime… happiness… sadness?

I will be using this image as inspiration for my current collection; the color scheme, the idea of distress... distress of fabric.. torn, raw edges, sanded, bleached.... use of text??

1 comment:

  1. Interesting inspiration...I like that!
    I found you through twitter, have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete