Friday, October 15, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things

It has been a beautiful week the sun has been shining and I have had 3 glorious days off. I thought that I would share with you a few of my favourite things which I have both crafted and found, around my house both old and new.

Firstly here is my tree branch. This is a very simple idea and is most definitely one of my favourite things.

I found the tree branch at my parent in-laws yard. I covered styrofoam ball forms (which you can purchase from and craft store) with strips of fabric and wrapped them until they were completely covered, added a loop of ribbon and as easy as that I had my own customised baubles. From the branches also hangs a tiny bird house, a small metal bird which was a thoughtful gift from my mother in-law and last but not least some wooden letters...

I like to make things personal and sentimental so I bought some plain wooden letters from a craft store of both my husband and I's first initial. I then soaked some old newspaper in tea drenched water to give a vintage appearance, tore it up into little pieces and used it to cover the letters.


Next up is my outdoor table center piece

You quite literally find an old boot and put a plant in it, a great way to recycle and a wonderful garden accessory.

I found this little beauty about a month ago in a salvage yard in the UK and brought it over in my hand luggage! I have not yet decided where to put it on the wall but I know that when I do find it the perfect location that it is going to make a fantastically unique hook.


Well I hope that I have inspired you to think outside the boring box of mass produced overpriced commercial items! make your home unique and personal and fill it with love and happiness.


I could not resist sharing my cute little pumpkins with you one more time.
Hope you have a great day xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment