Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coastlines and castles

Finally my first night of full sleep :) the eight hour time difference takes a while to adjust to. It still seems bizarre to be here everything which was once familiar is now strange, I drove for the first time yesterday and I was terrified, there is barely any room for two cars to pass next to each other on the road and I was convinced that I was on the wrong side of the road. I pulled over with the intent of calling my dad to check that I was on the right side and then realised that I don't have a cell phone in this country!

One thing that will never change is the beauty of the British coast line.You don't have to drive far to find a new cove each one with its unique characteristics.



I am still completely flabbergasted as to how small everything is and how close together all the houses are. However an aspect which I totally took for grated when living here... the historic settings which are speckled around every part of normal living. Walking around a near by town 'the Mumbles' I observed a completely average neighbourhood with a castle perched behind it!

No comments:

Post a Comment